Caring For Your Alchemy Jewellery & Accessories
Alchemy jewellery and accessories are hand-made in England from the finest quality English pewter. Pewter is second only to silver and is now widely recognised as a semi-precious metal. Fine English pewter, like silver, may naturally tarnish dependent upon the conditions to which it is subjected. By adhering to the following guidelines you will prolong the life of your beloved Alchemy jewellery and restore to its original beauty.
- To avoid damage or scratches, store your jewellery in the original packaging, wrap in a soft material or pop into a soft pouch when not in use.
- To polish to a brilliant, high lustre, 'antiqued' patina finish with 'Silvo' polishing wad, (in an emergency, tooth powder or similar can be used).
- To cleanse the jewellery, warm soapy water of very low concentration can be used. Do not submerge your jewellery apply the soapy solution with a soft cloth then polish to restore its original, beautiful lustre
- In very rare cases your natural chemical makeup/ perspiration can cause harmless dark marks on your skin. These marks can be easily cleaned off your person. Should this occur as a preventative measure we recommend applying a very thin layer of clear nail polish to the underside of your jewellery.
- It is important to remove jewellery when washing hands, bathing, swimming or using a hot tub.
- Remove your jewellery when applying moisturiser, tanning products, perfume or hairspray.
- Ensure your jewellery is removed prior to undressing and applied last when dressing.
- Please do not put pewter in a dishwasher, this will seriously corrode the surface.
- For your own safety please remove jewellery when playing sports or during vigorous activity.
- Avoid hard contact for example banging, hitting, dropping or knocking your jewellery.
Fine English pewter is lead cadmium and nickel complaint (free) for UK, EU and USA regulatory standards.